TWO YEARS...........




Late summer of 2009, I remember so well how I got addicted to Boys Over Flowers. Well, I have been following many other Korean dramas and I have come to realize that they have many good looking (and very yummy) actors. So, when I heard that there will be a Korean remake of Meteor Garden (Taiwanese) and Hana Yori Danggo (Japanese), I immediately jumped in and searched for a DVD copy of the drama. And my God, the actors did not disappoint, well 3 of them at least. Lee Minho, Kim Jun and Kim Bum. My obsession for those three boys eventually lead me to my greatest addiction ever, which is We Got Married's Ssangchu Couple or better known to their fans as Joongbo.

It's crazy really. I have never been obsessed with a reality show couple this much-not even Melason of PBB.

The whole craziness started when I was browsing for Youtube videos of Kim Bum and Lee Minho one idle day. My auntie, a Kim Hyunjoong fan, interrupted and was being her nosy self again. By the way, she is 40 something years old, a Public School teacher, separated with a 19 year old daughter in College. She also has a wider array of Korean and Taiwanese drama DVDs. She asked me to search for Hyunjoong videos, too. I smirked and thought she was being annoying again. At that time, I have no love whatsoever for the boy who could not act to save his life. And, I hated hated hated his blonde hair. So, I was pissed, but I did it anyway to appease and show respect to the elderly. After countless Youtube videos and the discovery that he was in a boy group blah blah blah, I found something really interesting, it was a fanmade Joongbo video. The background music was Lee Seungi's 'Noona Is My Woman'. I thought the lady/woman in that video was pretty because she was unlike the usual super white Korean actresses or models. You see, I always thought that if a woman can flaunt, look good and be comfortable in darker complexion, then she is beautiful. Anyway, I fancy reading people's reactions and sometimes incredulous or maybe out of line comments from viewers, so I read them all. From the comments, I discovered it was a show and that hot woman was Hwangbo. I started looking for videos again of the Ssangchu couple.

And eventually, started We Got Married.

I did not like it at first. I pitied Hwangbo. I mean, they made her look like a cougar for chrissake!!! I know people still find it weird for older woman-younger guy hookups, even I still find it taboo, but Hyunjoong's first reaction was like 'Woah! Hold up!! Wait a minute there, kid..' But yeah, I still watched it anyway. Mainly because I found Hwangbo intriguing. Also, I remembered what my friend told me that guys/male humans tend to mature at a slower pace than women, so I kinda told myself, 'Nads, give him a chance!'

Eventually, they started to really fit each other perfectly well in their own way. I must admit though, I am a Hwangbo fan first before Joongbo or Hyunjoong (wait, am I even a Hyunjoong fangirl?? Hmmm, I don't think so). She's so genuine and her tomboyish personality makes her a very unique individual. Sometimes, I wonder why she's so underrated as a star. I mean she's sexy, gorgeous, talented and has a generous heart. Sometimes, I do not understand what Koreans are looking for in a star. Oh well, I guess that is a question only cultural differences can answer.

So back to Joongbo.. I find it really amusing that even after they left the show TWO friggin' years ago, they still have legions of fans openly wishing, no, it's more like believing they are together. I won't deny that after watching the reality show and other couples on it, too, I was, am and will be obsessed with Joongbo for a very long time, and deep in my steal enclosed heart, I want them together. I even went to a point where I secretly prayed for them to be together. Heck, I even spent almost all my free time writing stories about them! If what they showed us in WGM were their true selves, then they are just perfect for each other! Correction, they are not perfect for each other, they are apparently MADE FOR EACH OTHER!

I've only known of this couple for less than a year and about 6 to 7 months for the so-called fandom, but it's really addicting. The spazzes can go way out of hand (maybe because of the mixed signals both of them are giving out and the SSboys), but at the end of the day, when you lie on your bed and stare at the ceiling, you begin to wonder, were those 'spazzes' just purely coincidence? Or, were they really trying to tell their fans something? Why haven't they guested in a show together after WGM when they are apparently a hot item? Why do they seem like they are skirting around each other? Why do they always avoid talking about the other person?

Two years, well for those who really started watching even on the 1st day they appeared on WGM, is a really long time. It's agonizing, but exciting for the fans, especially the hardcore Joongboers. As for me, I don't know, but it always leaves me to ask one question: WHY OH WHY HAVEN'T THEY GUESTED IN A SHOW TOGETHER AFTER EXITING WGM? I find it weird because they are hot, sellable items once they are put together. Hmmmm, I guess we'll keep guessing for the rest of our lives unless they make a confirmation/confession or they marry someone else. Oh wow, the latter would be too heart breaking, right?

Anywho, HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY JOONGBO!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Made for each other" ---- love your words, bruha. :>

Happy 2nd anniversary, joongbo!!!

~ pokomamy

Anonymous said...

You took the words right outta my mouth. Yes, loved the phrase 'made for each other' it's more significant. And I'll keep believing along with everyone else who love Joongbo, hehehe.....
To The World!!! Happy 2nd Anniversary to my most favorite of all favorite SSANGCHU COUPLE......

BTW. thanks for all the wonderful ff's. You rock!