Accidents 2.5

I didn't think this was PB worthy, so here it is:
~*~

Warm, bright sunshine streamed before my very eyes as the door of the heavily tinted van swung open.

'I should have worn my sunglasses', I said to myself as I raised my left hand to shield my eyes from the blinding light.

It has been a beautiful day so far. Manager Oppa only scheduled a few guestings and tapings today, so I still have enough energy to do things at home. Maybe play with Jins and Bos, do some knitting, cook for the ahjumma living in the next apartment, write Choongjae and Andy a letter, call my Omma and Appa and watch old videos of my past show.

Old videos of my past show meant only one particular show, We Got Married.

I smiled and begin to wonder how he is or what he is doing right now.

"Annyeong!", an office assistant greeted me as I stepped down from the car and walked towards Shimty's building.

"Annyeong, Haenassi", I answered her, happy to see the shocked expression on her face when I said her name.

"I'll help you carry your bags", she offered.

"Aniyo. It's not heavy anyway.", I smiled at her.

Haenassi and I started walking towards the main door with Manager Oppa and his secretary following us from behind.

The peace and quiet of the neighborhood was broken by a sudden loud noise of a huge collision. I nearly jumped and yelped at the sudden loud bang. My heart started to pound as if wanting to jump out of my chest.

I turned to see if everyone was okay. Haenassi seemed a little startled, but she was okay. Manager Oppa and his secretary were looking around to see where the noise came from. I immediately looked at the van we rode on, it was safe and sound as it was parked right across where we stood.

I continued to let my eyes wander further down the street. My heart started to beat in a more abnormal rhythm. I felt fear down the very pit of my stomach. Moisture began to formulate on the palm of my hands.

A sleek, obviously new car crashed to a lamp post and collided with a huge oak tree. I stood there, unable to move as if wrapped up in my silent daydream. The earsplitting noise of the car's alarm brought me back to reality.

Through the shattered windows, I thought I saw a familiar face. His soft features and fair skin was like that of an angel. I realized that angel might be in pain. The car's alarm continued to wail and fill the atmosphere.

"Somebody call an ambulance!", Manager Oppa yelled as he sprinted towards the scene. His secretary immediately pulled out her cell phone and dialed.

I do not know what or why or how, but I started sprinting towards the scene, too. There was like a tug or a string that pulled me. I do not know why, but I just did.

As I got nearer, the fallen angel's face started to become clearer. With every step I took, his face became more visible.

My heart stopped pounding, my heart literally stopped at the very moment I was able to confirm who it was inside the car.

"It's Kim Hyunjoong!", Manager Oppa yelled at me.

'What did he mean when he said 'It's Kim Hyunjoong'? Did he mean my Shillang? My Joongie? Was he saying that person whose bruised and unconscious inside the car was my Kim Hyunjoong?', questions began to pop inside my head one after another.

I looked closer, it was him.

Manager Oppa was able to pull him out of the driver's seat after seeing that more shattered glass was about to give way and might break on his face. He laid him on the street as people hovered over him.

I pushed and fought through the crowd until I was standing beside his body. I started to shake and panic.

'Ottoke?', I thought, 'What if he dies right before my very eyes?'

I knelt beside him and tried to pull him closer towards me. It had been months since I last saw him, more than a year since I last talked to him. I ran a trembling hand across his blood stained cheek.

"Ottoke?", I asked Manager Oppa when he knelt beside me.
~~
"He's fine now", the doctor said. The words did not seem to sink in. All I know is that Kim Hyunjoong was in a car accident and he was covered with blood as he lay unconscious in my arms.

"We did some tests, and he had been drinking earlier on.", the other doctor explained.

"Bo?", I asked, fear and anger mixing together inside my heart.

"Mr. Kim-we tested him positive for alcohol intoxication..", the doctor said again.

I was not able to speak, it was a good thing Manager Oppa was there with me.

"I see. Let's wait for his management and the DSP officials to come before we make a statement.", Manager Oppa quickly retorted.

"Can I see him now?", I asked, I've been dying to see how he was doing at the same time dreading the sight of him in a hospital bed with IV tubes and casts and bandages.

"Not yet Miss. He's still asleep right now. Give him time to rest.", the doctor answered.

His manager together with some DSP officials came later in the evening.

"Hyejungah, we should go now. You need to rest.", Manager Oppa said after talking to Hyunjoong's manager.

I shook my head and looked him in the eye. "I have to see him, Oppa.", my voice trembling.

"Arraso..", I knew he would understand. He has been with me ever since I pursued a solo career and has seen me struggle with the feelings I unknowingly developed for the young idol.

I peeked through the window of his hospital room, but he was asleep. I walked around some more and paced to and fro until my feet started to hurt. All I wanted was to get rid of the anxiety building up again.

"Aren't you going in?", a hoarse female voice asked me as I sat on one of the benches along the corridor.

I looked up and found Lee Hyori smiling at me, all made up and glamorous.

My heart started to pound again, 'My Shillang's ideal woman.', I said to myself, perfectly aware of the jealousy eating my insides.

I gave her a faint smile then shook my head, "Maybe later"

She put her hand on top of my shoulder and patted it gently, "I heard you saved uri Joongie. Thanks."

I looked up at her again, "Isn't that something any one would do?"

Hyori smiled then turned to leave, "Yeah, but they wouldn't stay there and worry even after the doctor said he's going to be fine like what you're doing now."
~~
Even after Hyori left, I continued to sit there, refusing to budge.

I let my happy memories of him float up and bubble, hoping to ease the anger whenever the idea that he drank and drove popped up.

I was lost in my daydream, oblivious that a man sat down beside me.

"You visiting someone, Buin?", he asked, trying on a cool, uninjured voice.

I snapped out of my quiet reverie. I turned to look at the man beside me as my chin quivered a bit, my eyes blazing with anger.

"YAH!!", I almost screamed at him, my hands though still shaking, hit his shoulders, hard.

"Are you trying to get killed? Drinking and driving, what were you thinking?", I continued, not minding that Hyunjoong was wincing in pain. "I was worried when I saw your car crashing and colliding with that lamp post..."

"But when the doctor said, you had been drinking... Yahhh!!! Kim Hyunjoong!!!", my lips shook as tears started running down my already tear stained cheeks. I was unable to continue what I was saying as I tried to control my sobs.

He took me in his arms. Finally, I could feel him close to me. I could hear him breathing. He was finally awake and out of danger's way.

"Shhh..", he tried to pacify my uncontrollable sobs. "I'm fine.. See..."

He held me tighter in his arms.

My crying finally abated yet still I stayed in his embrace. Being there, trapped in his strong arms, gave me peace of mind.

"No more drinking and driving, alright?", I whispered, trying hard for my voice not to croak. I pulled myself out of his embrace to make sure I see his response.

Hyunjoong nodded, "I promise". He pulled me into his strong embrace again.

"And no more stalking..", he whispered,suppressing his chuckles.

It took awhile before his words sank in.

'No more stalking', I repeated to myself, 'Stalking?'

I crinkled my nose in confusion, still unable to wrap my head over what he said, "Hmmm?? What do you mean?"

I did not understand why and he never told me, but when I heard the resonating sound of his laughter, I thought I did not need to bother asking him why. Being like that, being with him was enough for me.

3 comments:

GaGa said...

Hi Bruha,
Me again, being 1st to leave a message!
Thinking more, more doubt on this whole car accident thing!
As in your fic, someone/ anyone will call the police when such car accident happened, then, why there's no News report?
I don't feel good on this whole Car Accident incident! bother me a lot! Especially in this sensitive timing.

Anonymous said...

So KHJ is a stalker these days ehh? haha. Really liked this POV of HwangBo's. Don't blame her for going off on him, and hitting him too, hehehe.

I admire your ff's and surely everyone else does too, so keep writing, keep us with a sincere smile, not a pasted one, lol.

In reality, hope KHJ is able to recover like he should, that better things will come to pass for him. Gosh he seems so unlucky with his health.

thanx,
nversayalvida

Anonymous said...

Hi Bruha,

You should post this in PB..it sort of equals out the POVs..ehheh.

Thanks.

rispas