A Day In The Life Of - Phone Calls

Have you seen Gummy's MV yet? It was painfully beautiful. Painful because I wished it was uri Unnie in that video, but Ryeowon did pretty well-reminds me of her character in Which Star Did You Come From? And beautiful because (I'm not sure if you feel the same way) the story was SSOOOOO WGM. I mean suddenly living in the same house with some stranger, the awkwardness, then developing feelings, then the complications, then HAPPILY EVER AFTER. Maybe I'm just weird, but I was like-is this why HJ agreed to do the MV? Ugh, me and my Joongbo obsession, somebody stop me!!!

This is for 4everjoongbo, for giving me ideas (ideas that you should be using to write fics btw)....

When I saw that MV, I was wondering how HJ was on the set, was he chatty to Ryeowon? Was he nice? Was he awkward because oh well, she's a Chakra and the other 'she' was Chakra's leader? Did they talk about 'her'? Nyahahaha... Me and my silly imaginations.. Must be the summer heat...

------------------------------------------
"Unnie....", came the voice from the other end of the line. She sounded like she was stressed, perplexed, frustrated all at the same time.

"Yoboseyo??", Hwangbo asked just to confirm that it was really her friend on the other line.

"Unnie! Help me! It's Ryeowon...", the other lady said.

"Omo.. I thought it was someone else using your phone. I did not recognize your voice. What's the problem? Why do you sound like you are about to cry?", Hwangbo asked, concerned about what was happening to her friend.

"Unnnniieeeee!!", Ryeowon wailed, her voice trembling.

"Why? What's wrong? Where are you?", Hwangbo stood from her seat, troubled by her Chakra sister's sudden outburst.

"Ottoke?", the younger woman said, sniffing like she has a cold.

"What? What is it? Are you in your apartment? I'm coming over...", Hwangbo started searching for her car keys, trying to get a grip of panic stricken self.

"No, no Unnie. No need to come over. It's just that..", Ryeowon stopped mid sentence, making Hwangbo even more worried.

It has been three weeks since she communicated with her bandmate, and she sounded fine when Hwangbo called her after receiving yet another SMS. It's truly fascinating how they still kept in contact after the group disbanded years ago. They had always been close. As Hwangbo said in one of her interviews, 'She is my constant textmate'

"It's just that... I do not know what to do anymore...", Ryeowon continued then took a deep breath. "How did you put up with him?"

Hwangbo fell silent totally confused at what her pal was talking about, "Eh??"

"Him, your Shillang.. Kim Hyunjoong...", she stated the name clearly.

Hwangbo was taken aback, then laughed. She was surprised by Ryeowon's call, but even more surprised to hear her asking how she dealt with her ex-WGM husband.

"Don't laugh, Unnie..", she whispered, "Hwangbo Hyejung, stop laughing"

Hwangbo was imagining Ryeowon's face at that very moment. Her face always turned red when she was frustrated or angry, and she put on a funny phony plastic smile when other people ask if she was alright.

"Arrasso. I won't laugh!", Hwangbo tried to pacify her laughter, remembering the instructions she gave him when working or meeting other women.

"Mmm, just think of him as your dongsaeng. A good friend. Like you normally do with your other Idol Dongsaengs..", she said, trying to imitate Ryeowon's serious voice. It was the same exact advice Ryeowon gave Hwangbo when she was fretting about joining We Got Married and having Kim Hyunjoong as her husband.

"Yahhh!!", Ryeowon screamed into the receiver. "You are not allowed to copy my advice. And by the way, that's not the kind of advice that I want."

Hwangbo giggled, "Arrasso, why then? Is he giving you a hard time? Do you want Unnie to beat him up for you?"

"Aish.. Unnie, be serious, okay?", Ryeowon was growing irritated. "It's just that he does not speak, Unnie. I mean, he's fine when the camera starts rolling, but during breaks and in between takes, he does not speak. I saw him earlier talking to a cameraman, he was fine and laughing. I thought at first, maybe he's just uneasy because I am older, but the cameraman was like 40 years old..."

Hwangbo's eyes danced in amusement and her lips twitched upwards.

"How am I supposed to make a connection with him? It gets awkward when we start acting. I know nothing about him.", Ryeowon started to rant.

"With Henney, Hyunbinssi, Raewonssi, I had to talk to them and get to know them before filming so that we could get comfortable, but your Shillang, Unnie, he's being difficult."

"He does not speak. When I ask him questions or try to be friendly, he uses hand gestures to talk to me. What's even worse is that he does not look me in the eye. Sometimes, I wonder, is he mute? Or deaf perhaps?"

"When we start filming, he's fine, but I get awkward. I cannot make a connection.."

"Unnie, ottoke? I promised Jeeyeon* Unnie that I would do my best for her comeback song, but Kim Hyunjoongssi, he's, I don't know, weird!", Ryeowon finished her speech with a big sigh.

"Maybe, he's just starstruck. I mean, you're a big actress and all..", Hwangbo tried to control the amusement bubbling inside her from becoming another boisterous laughter.

"Oh please, I even asked my manager to make us kimbap and bring it on the set, so that I could share it with everyone. You know, just to show him, popularity does not get in my head that easily. I mean, I was taught well by my leaderssi.", she started to jabber again.

"Uhh, just tell him.. Oh, how should I put this. Just tell him, Hwangbo says it's okay to talk to you.", Hwangbo said as giggles escaped her throat, giving the same advice she gave her friend, Yoon Eunhye not so long ago.

"Huh?", it was Ryeowon's turn to get confused. "What does that mean?"

"He'll know what that means. Believe me, he'll start talking to you, just tell him that.", the older woman answered, trying to be more serious this time.

The Director of the MV started yelling, calling the cast and staff over.

"I have to go, Unnie. Thanks", Ryeowon quickly ended the call.

She walked over to where the people gathered and stood beside Hyunjoong. She cleared her throat catching Hyunjoong's attention.

"Hwangbo Unnie,", she started, making Hyunjoong turn his attention to her.

"She said, it's okay to talk to me...", she continued.

Hyunjoong just nodded, leaving Ryeowon confused.

"Noona,", he said when the Director finished making his announcements. "Do you still have some kimbap? I'm really hungry.."

Ryeowon nodded and pointed over to her manager. When Hyunjoong saw her pointing towards the man near the window, he just simply walked over and asked for some kimbap, leaving Ryeowon dazed with the sudden change of the idol's attitude. She was told by many that he was weird, but she did not know he was that weird and strange.
~~
"Yoboseyo??", Hwangbo picked up her vibrating cellphone that was inside her back pocket.

"Buin!", Hyunjoong exclaimed.

"Ow, Shillang. Why did you call?", she asked, again surprised by yet another call.

"I have something to tell you. Don't get mad, okay?", Hyunjoong whispered.

"Okay??", she replied, getting a hint of what he will tell her.

"Ryeowon Noona. She said it was okay to talk to her.", he explained like a kid caught red handed. "I did not talk to her until you told her to tell me that's it's okay to talk to her. I promise, Buin.."

Hwangbo almost dropped to the floor as she laughed her heart out.

"I kept my promise.", he immediately declared, "I used hand gestures and stuff..."

Hwangbo couldn't speak, she felt as if she would die from laughter and his 4Dness.

When her laughter finally died down, he let out a big sigh.

"Oh good, you're not mad..", he exhaled again.

"Why? Is there something I should be mad about?", she asked her cheeks aching making it hard for her to use a more serious tone.

"Of course not!", he immediately answered. "I just don't want to sleep on the living room couch with Jins when I get home from Japan..."
--------------------------------------------------
*Jeeyeon -- Gummy's real first name

No comments: