Christmas Morn 2 (After the Dream)

Photobucket
author's note: the 2nd instalment. i wanted hyunjoong to suffer when he realizes it's just a dream, but i didn't want to play the role of christmas grinch this year, and so thy fic ends on a happy note.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyunjoong ran his hands through the think comforter, but there was a sudden movement. A pretty head emerged from the thick layers of comforters, she snuggled in his chest and wrapped her arms around his upper torso.

She let out a low sleepy moan, “Let me sleep for 10 more minutes”, she begged in that familiar low raspy voice, “Please Shillang, just 10 more minutes”

Hyunjoong could not believe it, Hyejung was really there with him, beside him, in his arms. He kissed the top of her head, and tightened his arms around her, “Okay Buin, we’ll sleep some more”

When Hyejung woke up, it was already morning. She was sure it was not her bed. She was not in her room. She blinked. She was tightly wrapped inside a man’s arm. She was tightly wrapped inside HER MAN’S ARMS. She smiled. It felt good to be finally with him. All that drama, all those hints, all those inhibitions were finally gone. They were together, and there’s no stopping them now.

It was not an easy journey from the semi reality show to the realizations, then the confessions, the scandal, the break up, the busy schedules, the accidents and swine flu, and all those various things in between.

They were perfect, complete together, and a disaster apart.

She lifted herself up, just enough to give herself full view of the sleeping Hyunjoong. She smirked at how beautiful and boyish he seemed.. He looked tired, but there was a look on his face that shouts just how happy he was. She smiled in delight at the sight of his eyes, his nose, his lips—his lips. Those were the lips that made her realize last night how important he was in her life, how happy he made her feel, how much he made her forget to care about the rest of the world. Most of all, how much she loved him. She fondly remembered everything he said last night,

“I want to feel you.. I need to hear you. You are the light. That is leading me to the place where I find peace again. You are the strength that keeps me walking. You are the hope that keeps me trusting. You are the life to my soul. You are my purpose. You're everything.

How can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you?

Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms. You give me rest. You hold me in your hands. You won't let me fall. You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.

Would you take me in? Would you take me deeper now?

You're all I want. You’re all I need. You’re everything. Everything.”


She tried to reason with him last night, but he continued to use words that shook her very core as if it was not enough to make her give in.

“Buin, I can't keep up, and I can't back down. I've been losing so much time because it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to lose. It’s just you and me and all of the people, but I don't know why, I just can't keep my eyes off of you.

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right. I'm tripping on words. You've got my head spinning. I don't know where to go from here.

It's you and me, Buin, and, all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to prove.”


She traced the contours of his face with her index fingers and whispered the last words he said last night before she gave up and gave in.

”There's something about you that I can't quite figure out.

Everything you do is beautiful. Everything you do is right.

And the most important thing is, I love you and I am sure you feel the same way, so why can’t we be together?”


Hyunjoong woke up and yawned, “Stop it, Buin, you’re really embarrassing me now”

“Wei??, those things you said last night really touched me………….unless you do not mean any of them”, she said playfully punching his arm.

“Of course, I meant them…” he answered tickling her by the ribcage.

“Okay, okay, I believe you…I believe you!!!”, she said protesting as he trapped her.

When they were laying still in bed, Hyejung propped her head on Hyunjoong’s chest, “What do you want for Christmas?”

Hyunjoong quietly thought of an answer to his question. He suddenly remembered the dream he had earlier, a pregnant Hyejung, Byul and him coming home for Christmas. That was what he wanted for Christmas, but for now, he was satisfied. That dream made him happy. It felt to him like a perfect Christmas gift. “I dreamt of something happy last night, that was the gift I wanted for Christmas”, he answered happily smiling to himself.

Hyejung looked confused, but she did not want get Hyunjoong away from his happy bubble.

“Are you happy with my gift?”, he asked her.

Hyejung raised her hand, the diamond shimmered as the soft morning sun touched it, “Yes, I am, especially since I am engaged to the only man I want to be with for the rest of my life”

“So, what did you get me for Christmas, Buin?”, he suddenly asked.

“Me??…ME” she gave him a wide grin, “I am your Christmas gift…” she boldly added then winked at him, “Isn’t this your best Christmas morn ever?” she asked.

Hyunjoong smiled. It was indeed. He received the best Christmas gift and experienced the best Christmas morn in his life this year.

No comments: