Wishes


This fic is long overdue. This was supposed to be a birthday fic, but things and certain circumstances (*ahem* wanting to get married at 36 *ahem*) just happened.

And this is to prove to Bebe, that I DO NOT ALWAYS BREAK HER HEART and to prove to Moony, that I DO NOT ALWAYS MAKE HYUNJOONG LOOK BAD.. Wakekekeke…

I hope the time skips are not too confusing.. I suck at those kinds of things..

Anyway, please do tell me if I have gained back or found my Joongbo Mojo again. Please leave me some comments.

~*~
1984.

She quietly observed as the silhouette of a man fumbled in front of her parents’ bedroom. The lights inside the house had been switched off, only the faint moonlight illuminated the small, but pleasant and cozy home of the HwangBo’s.

The family’s youngest and only daughter woke up upon hearing the rustling noises from the corridor. She had always been a light sleeper and the faintest noise from what seemed to be chinaware clanging did not escape her sensitive ears.

Although she could not see the man’s face, she knew from his stocky build and the way his shoulders squared that that man was her father.

Hyejung quietly watched through her slightly opened bedroom door, wondering what he was doing.

Her Appa seemed to be balancing a tray in his hands. Before entering the bedroom, he lit a candle which was on top of a small slice of cake.

Of course. It was her mother’s thirtieth birthday.

As the door creaked open, he started singing.

“Saeng-il Chukhahamnida… Saeng-il Chukhahamnida…”

His gruff, booming voice filled the corridor and slowly faded as he entered the room.

Hyejung could see her mother rubbing the sleep off her eyes, her sleepy face transforming into a beautiful smile.

Her mother put her hands together in delight, and looked at her father with so much love and happiness in her eyes.

Her Omma had a certain glow, something that was not caused by the brilliant moonlight nor the yellow light from the candle. It was a glow only love can cause or bring.

“Happy Birthday, Mrs. HwangBo!”, her Appa said after his song, then put the cake on his wife’s lap., “Make a wish..”

She smiled, closed her eyes and blew the candle. She sighed as she rested her head on Hyejung’s Appa’s shoulder, “You know Yeobo, I already got everything I wished for on my previous birthdays. Although, we are not rich and only have enough, I am happy because I have been so blessed—two lovely and healthy children, a cozy and comfortable home, and a husband I love and loves me back.. How could I be selfish and ask for more?”

“I love you Yeobo..”, Hyejung’s Appa quietly declared.

Hyejung looked on, enjoying the sight of her parents. Admiring her Appa’s love for his family, for her Omma.

She closed her eyes that night and kneel in prayer by her bedside.

“Dear God, When I reach thirty years old, please send me a man who will love me and make me happy just like you sent my Appa to my Omma. God, like Omma, I do not wish to be rich. Having enough would be fine, but I hope I would be blessed enough to find a man like my Appa who loves his family, who works hard for his family, who loves his wife and makes her the happiest woman on earth. Amen.”

2010.

Hyejung was awaken by the creaking sound of her bedroom door. The silhouette of a stocky, now balding man entered balancing a tray with a small round cake in his hands.

His Appa cleared his throat, smiled widely and started singing, “Saeng-il Chukhahamnida… Saeng-il Chukhahamnida… Saeng-il Chukha Princess Hyejung… Saeng-il Chukhahamnida…”

“Happy 30th Birthday, my princess..”, he said then kissed his daughter on the cheek.

Hyejung’s face gleamed, grateful for the love his Appa has for her, “Thank you, Appa..”

“Make a wish and blow your candle.” He said after putting the cake on her daughter’s lap.

Just as Hyejung closed her eyes, her father quickly stood up, “Wait, wait. I forgot something..”

He made his way out of the bedroom. Hyejung looked at him, confused.

He came back with a huge bouquet in his arms. Her Appa handed them to her and picked out a piece of paper from his back pocket.

“Here..”, he said.

Hyejung opened the letter and smiled as she looked at the familiar strokes.

Her heart started jumping up and down as she read the letter.

Jungie, the things that I am about to say to you might be a little embarrassing. Honestly, I always thought I did not have the right to love you. Even when I first met you, I did not have the confidence. All I did was worry about this and that. But as time passed, I must have gotten used to our precious time together. Please always be by my side looking at me and trusting me. I love you. *

'He did not forget after all.', she thought.

Her tears were about to fall when her father interrupted her thoughts, “That kid came here at exactly midnight, but you were sleeping, so he did not want to wake you up. He sat outside with me. He wanted to wait until you woke up, but he had to work. Hyejungah, I think you just made a man out of that kid..”

“He loves you, I can see that..”, her Appa added.

“You think so, Appa?”, she asked.

Mr. HwangBo gave her a reassuring smile and nodded, “He does, my princess. He does..”

Hyejung smiled at her father, “Appa, I do not need to make a wish.. All my prayers have been answered. How could I be selfish and ask for more..”

Her Appa laughed, “You sound just like your mother.. Well, you still need to blow your candle..”

She smiled and did as she was told.

Her Appa patted her head and made his way out. He suddenly looked back at her, “By the way, the kid.. errr.. Kim Hyunjoong just asked for your hand in marriage. I said I will have to think about it..”

2016.

The sound of chinaware clanging woke her up again. The faint light from a single candle illuminated two smiling faces by her side of the bed.

The man started singing and the little boy followed after his father’s cue.

“Saeng-il Chukhahamnida… Saeng-il Chukhahamnida… Saeng-il Chukha Hyejungah.. Omma… Saeng-il Chukhahamnida…”

“Happy 36th Birthday, Mrs. Kim!!”, the man greeted her.

“Blow your candle, Omma!!”, the little boy, a carbon copy of his father, urged her on.

Hyejung nodded and closed her eyes, ‘I have everything I wished for..’, she looked at Hyunjoong, then at their son, ‘And more.. So, how can I be selfish and ask for more??!’, she happily thought.

She closed her eyes again and silently prayed.

‘Thank you for everything..’, she quietly whispered and blew her candle.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It sucked, right??! :-(

*Mature lyrics (??!) -- I could not recall for the life of me, but I am pretty sure this was what Hyunjoong said after singing Falling Slowly under the Peach tree, his special event for HwangBo..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear ate Bru,

You just made the weekend brighter and happier. Aside from the fact that I've been swooning all over the place because of his comment about "feeding his gf ssangchu", this fic totally made me giddy with such crazy ssangchu lurpe.

The last scenario was like total kyaaaaaaaa!With Hyun Joong and the hot baby singing happy birthday, what more can she ask for?! Imagine how perfect that scene is, man! If these two wont marry, it would be like a shame to mankind. The hot baby is all worth it. Haha

You totally regained the Joongbo lurpe!! Let's all party! LOL XD

*bebe swoon*

Anonymous said...

lol weekend nasulat ko akala ko sunday ngaun!monday pala.

AYLURPEYOU <3

-bebe

Anonymous said...

bru your back! you dont know how hurt i am about the 36 and the 5 dates! he hurt me again! but after the mutual trust! i can say im ok now!

but in this fic! i love it! hindi mo ako pinaiyak! hahahahhaaa! write more bru!

athena

Anonymous said...

Aaww... thank you for the sweet and happy one :>

Pan

Anonymous said...

Ha ha bruha this is wonderful I can just imagine hj hb and their gorgeous son..........thanx a lot........ryuuki

Anonymous said...

its confirmed: you still have joongbo mojo in you

this ff is sooooo sweet...love the ending... really hope they get married soon and start making beautiful babies

Thanks

Ate Sue

fudgeorange said...

Great story! ^^ so sweet, loving, happy & sincere. thank you for sharing! ^^ you write so well.