An Open Acknowldgement

Photobucket

credits to THE GWAPA

I do not normally idolize stars and celebrities. I think the last time I swooned over a ‘Star’ was way back 1990’s when Leornardo Dicaprio was every Juliet’s Romeo, every Rose’s Jack.

I watched A LOT of movies, soap operas and series. I hated some of them, and adored and enjoyed the others. But none of the stars really stood out. It was until I discovered We Got Married after looking up Yoon Jihoo’s videos in Youtube for my Auntie that I got so curious and interested on a female non-English speaking celebrity.

I pitied her at first and thought how cruel the Directors were to pair her up with a younger super idol.

‘They made her look like a Cougar for Chrissake!!’, was my initial reaction. I must admit though that for quite awhile, I so hated Kim Hyunjoong A LOT!! But despite my spite for the young idol, I watched the show because there was one character that got me curious.

She was unlike the typical Korean women I have seen on TV dramas. She had darker complexion, although not as dark as mine, but she was, is still beautiful, gorgeous even. I may be biased when I say this, but people—women who wear their skin color well and still look beautiful despite the general social idea that ‘White is Beautiful’ or ‘One has to be fair skinned to be beautiful’ are those who are truly attractive, glamorous, alluring.

Aside from her obvious physical beauty, the thing that got me girl crushing is her simplicity as a person, her non-celebrity-like aura. It is pretty rare for stars or celebrities or show business personalities to have that air around them, but one look at Hwangbo Hyejung, you know that she is different.

As the show (WGM) progressed, she was always down to earth, easy going and nonchalant. Although it was obvious that she had her fair share of insecurities, like the rest of the ‘normal’ people on earth, she somehow rose above all those by being true to herself.

I think it’s an undeniable fact that she really is someone admirable and worthy of praise. So, it’s a no brainer that she is well-loved among the people she works with and appreciated by the younger idols (this fact I really love and end up giggling when I think about it..).

And I think it’s pretty obvious that I put her on a pedestal. Nyahahaha! Can’t help it. I am a Hwangbo fangirl.
____________________________________________
Note: This is the first part of my Hwangbo Month celebration and supposed to be longer, but I was just informed that I have to join some training in the office, so it was cut short.

2 comments:

GaGa said...

Hi Bruhida,

Buddy!! Hi Five!!
We almost have the same path how to get to being a Hwangbo Fangirl

The only different is that I'm originally a fan of Hanazawa Rui, so, I didn't hate Hyun Joong from the beginning! I just don't like him bashing Hwangbo in WGM initially, and this keep making me ask why everyone on the show claimed that she's tomboyish while I see her a pretty lady with a strong personality yet being herself on screen. which is very hard to see in show business!!

In celebration on Hwangbo's BD, I'm going to join you and write up letters to Hye Jung.
Stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

A Hwangbo fan here too nads.....

love hwangbo when i saw her on xman...she was just sooo funny and is not like other female celebs who acts cutesy...she's not afraid to make fun of herself which endear her to me....on xman i love her with YH who wasnt afraid to show his feelings on national tv...on xman i saw that inspite of her tomboyish actions a lot of guys still choose her during coupling part.

then came WGM , 2 years after the show supporters are still patiently waiting what will happen to ssangchu couple

i'll go for the guy who will love and make Hwangbo Hye Jung happy

Ate Sue