Fate and Crossroads: Ten

previous chapter/s:
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine


author's note: and so it ends...anyway, hope y'all like it...




---------------------------------------------

Ten.


The sun has barely broken free from the dark night skies. Only a faint light from the evening lamp illuminated the dark room. The heaving sound of Hyunjoong's breath was the only audible sound filling the entire suite. Even in his sleep, he looked beautiful.

Hwangbo wondered how he still had that effect on her. It seemed hard for her to breathe when he is around, and there was an overwhelming feeling of excitement in her heart, like all the pain and worries dissipate, and happy bubbles start to form around her. She was beginning to wonder if that was love as she sat on the chair just beside the bed, contemplating in the placid darkness.

Although he was still half asleep, Hyunjoong could feel a pair of eyes watching him. It felt warm and safe, not the kind that creeps him out. He stirred a bit and stretched his limbs. He felt dead tired after what transpired last night, like all his energy and the life left inside him crept out of his body. But the most important thing now is the fact that she knew he was sorry and she knew that he will always and maybe forever love her, or maybe he will continue to love her twice as much. He began to open his eyes and saw the feminine silhouette sitting on the chair beside the bed. It was a fantastic sight to behold, like the moon goddess' apparition. His heart thumped in a happy rhythm. He knew it was her, it was Hwangbo. There was no need for lights for him to recognize Hwangbo. He knew every corner of her face, every curve of her body, every line, everything. He quietly rubbed the sleep from his eyes and sat on the bed.

She was not smiling, her face was expressionless. And that sight scared him, because she had always been so easy to read.

She cleared her throat, "What you said last night---"

Hyunjoong panicked, "What I said last night, they were all true. You know I am not good with words, but they were all true". He looked at her, his eyes were begging for him to believe him, just this once.

She looked down, the pain in his eyes were too much for her to bear. The momentary silence grew heavy, and painted an unfinished picture between them, an incomplete story of Kim Hyunjoong and Hwangbo Hyejung. She looked at him again, gazed deep into his eyes and let out a sigh. "What you said last night, I thought about it.", she said letting her words hang in the air.

The pauses she took seemed like an eternity for Hyunjoong. His heart was pounding like mad, and his breathing was sharp.

"This is not easy for me to do because it feels like I'm breaking all my rules and defying all my inhibitions. But if I do not this, I might regret things and continue to ask questions and continue to blame myself, and I'm tired of doing all those.", she took another moment to gather her thoughts.

"What I am saying is, I'm opening my heart to you again. So, please do not break it again. Do not leave it half dead. If you decide to stop loving me or if you realize one day that what you feel is not love, tell me. Do not leave me to ask questions. Do not let me blame myself again. Do not leave me high and dry.", her voice croaked as she said her piece, tears flowing from her puffy eyes.

Hyunjoong shook his head. "I'm never going to do that again, Hyejung. Never. I promise..."

Hwangbo cut him off, "No, please do not make any promises. I also want you to know that things have changed me a lot. I find it hard to trust... to trust you again, so it's up to you"

He nodded. He understood. "I understand, and I will make it up to you, so that you can learn to trust me again."

Hwangbo smiled weakly at him. Hyunjoong stood up from the bed and approached her. He caressed her face in the gentlest, most loving way. She shivered at his touch, then took his hand and squeezed it lightly.

Hwangbo stood up and started pacing towards the door. She looked back at him. "I'm going back to Seoul now", she told him.

He nodded, "I will win back your heart Hyejung"

Hwangbo turned to leave, but Hyunjoong spoke again, "Can I hug you, Buin?"

She turned around to face him, and nodded. All it took were two long strides to close the gap between them. Hyunjoong wrapped his arms around her small frame. He could feel her heart beating. He could smell the minty scent of her hair. She was still warm and soft under his touch. Everything was real, and now, everything made sense. They were like two jigsaw puzzles that fit perfectly in each other's arms. That moment was theirs, finally, because it was their fate to be with each other. They held each other and it seemed like time finally stopped.

Hwangbo pushed him away gently, "I have to go now. My manager is waiting for me."

She started to walk towards the door, but she stopped midway and looked back, "I'll see you in Seoul", and she smiled. A happy smile, one without pain, without sadness, one that has meaning, one that emits aura of happiness and glee.

3 comments:

athena5914 said...

bru! i want more! its a happy ending! love it! happy hearts day to you!

Anonymous said...

this certainly made my day...
apart from all the BKK good news, I'm having the best morning in my entire life... happy hearts day!

lovekathy21

sparklingbebe said...

thanks ate.. i like that the ending held so much hope.. it was subtle and yet a happy ending can be imagined.

great job. :))

-bebebebe- :)