Fate and Crossroads: Nine

previous chapter/s:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight


author's note: second to the last part. i'm not sure if there will be a happy ending. we'll see what tomorrow brings.




---------------------------------
Nine.

Hwangbo was taken aback by his words and sudden confession. All the while she thought he was not capable of saying those words. She thought he was only toying with her. Somehow she has closed her mind and partly her heart when he left her, and after the bar incident, she has locked her heart and set love aside.

She grasp the satin like material of her dress, clenching it tighter as she made a fist hoping to draw strength as she asked him, "Then why Hyunjoong? Why did you leave me like that, without a word? Why did you runaway like a prisoner breaking out of jail? Why did you leave me asking questions, blaming myself? Why?". She tried with all her might to stop the tears from flowing. Somehow, she made a conclusion that crying is for the weak, and with what she has been through, she sure was anything but weak.

"I was afraid. I was beginning to realize how dependent I have become when I was with you. It was like my happiness depended on you. I was stupid, but I was afraid because this feeling, this emotion was new to me. It was something so unfamiliar, and I was uncertain at that time that you loved me, too.", he fell slowly on his knees, "I am sorry for leaving like that. I am sorry for not being brave enough to face my feelings for you. I know I will never be man enough for you after what I did."

Hwangbo realized she held her breath the minute he fell on his knees. She suddenly felt the need to fill her lungs with oxygen, but as air filled her nostrils, her tears fell like the sudden surge of rain. There were many things she wanted to tell him, but no words came out of her mouth.

Hyunjoong took her hands and held them in a gentle grip, "I will not ask you for a second chance because I do not deserve that. All I am asking you now is to listen and hope you can find it in your heart to forgive an insolent fool."

He looked intently at her, "Please know that I am still hopelessly in love with you, and maybe it will stay that way 'til the end of time. Perhaps, I will never love anyone else in this lifetime or in the next one"

Hyunjoong stood up and walked away, giving her space to breathe and think. His heart was heavy and his pain was unbearable, but he thought it was only fair because he not only brought pain on himself but caused her suffering, too.

Hwangbo sat there. She expected pain and sadness in this encounter, but they did not come to her that night. She was still appalled by the things he confessed. All her hurt and suffering was erased and replaced by an overwhelming emotion she has been concealing deep in the chambers of her being. Her heart was pounding in an unfamiliar beat again. She sat in the darkness thinking of what fate holds for them now that they reached another crossroad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ate, You made me cry. That was heartbreaking.

BUT OMG ATE! When Hyun Joong kneeled, I nearly wailed!

PLEASE, PLEASE,, Happy Ending, PLEASE? :))

-bebe-

LvKprogram said...

WOW! It's heartbreaking in good way.
Man learn the lesson in life. Hope HB give him a 2nd chance.

Thank you!

athena5914 said...

you made me cry again bru! i love chapter 9! he had the nerves to say that to her!

i want a reunion for them!

Anonymous said...

Psst! I got your blog on my favorites so I hope you could update soon,,, hehehe! Nice fic, all tears... heart tore apart and mind bugged like hell... hahahah

love it!

lovekathy21