Playing House -- 4

I declare that this long fic is officially going nowhere..bwahahahaha...and yes, I try to laugh instead of getting all worked up and frustrated at myself. But seriously though, I do not know where this one is heading to. Ideas and words are leaving me, and to think I promised 'marathon posting' on my days away from work..

I just hope this won't be one of those I put aside and leave to rot..

Anyway, hope this makes sense because it just seems dull and glum to me... And definitely not exciting at all...I guess I just wanted portray them being awkward in a house together---ahhh, i don't know....I'm really trying my best...

PLEASE HELP KEEP ME INSPIRED...
--------------------------------------------

4: Playing house...Again...


Hwangbo checked on her watch again as she stood still waiting for the elevator's doors to open. It was 3:26AM, and she was trudging through the empty hallways with a heavy suitcase.

'I look like a stowaway..', she thought adjusting the shawl she used to cover her face to avoid any curious onlookers. She scrambled for her phone when she reached Apartment 325. It was Hyunjoong's apartment number alright.

She paused and took a deep breath before pushing the door bell. She was still a bit in awe and disgusted at herself for agreeing to do Jaejoong's plan. But, it was too late to go back.

“You should have called me, so that I could help you with your luggage”, Hyunjoong said once he opened the door.

Hwangbo stepped inside observing his apartment then removed the shawl from her head, “And what? Announce to the entire building and your neighbors that I am headed to your apartment?”

“You have a point”, Hyunjoong had to agree.

Hwangbo was left alone in the living area while Hyunjoong took her luggage to the guest room. She observed quietly, letting her eyes roam from the black leather coach to the flashy entertainment system to the guitars. Small pattering feet interrupted her busy thoughts.

“Omma?”, came Munhee's sleepy voice.

“Come here”, Hwangbo motioned for the boy to sit on her lap. She did not quite understand it, but it excited her and made her blissful to hold Munhee in her arms just like a true mother.

Munhee obliged and climbed up to her lap where he sat hugging her. He fell back to sleep as Hwangbo circled her arms to embrace the little boy.

“Noona, you can use the guest room!”, Hyunjoong announced as soon as he came out from one of the rooms then hushed his tone when he saw Munhee sleeping in her arms.

Seeing Hwangbo struggling with Munhee's weight, he carried him back to his room where the child peacefully slept.

“So, how do we do this?”, Hwangbo asked Hyunjoong putting down her tea cup.

“I don't know, uhm, let's just start with taking care of him”, he answered

“Alright, I know you're busy, so I'll try my best to be here for him.”, she continued playing with the cup.

“I'll do that, too.”

“I won't be busy for the next few weeks, so I can stay with Munhee here and take care of him” her voice trailed off. 'Like a true mother and wife', she though, but did not dare say it.

Hyunjoong nodded, taking a mental note to come home as early as possible or take more breaks, excited at the thought that she'll be around when he gets home. Finally, he won't be coming home to an empty apartment.

There was a long pause before Hwangbo spoke again, “It must feel weird, huh?, having someone, no two people, just barge in to your apartment and have an instant family, be an instant Appa”

“Not at all”, Hyunjoong answered trying to hide his smile.
~~
Hwangbo could not sleep that night. She was tossing and turning. The bed did not feel right, and there were so many inhibitions popping up in her perplexed head.

She got up early that morning, wondering if Hyunjoong had already woken up. She crept quietly to his room after washing up, and found both boys sprawled in bed still asleep. She smiled how cute the father and son looked.

She busied herself in the kitchen and prepared some breakfast. It annoyed her that the only food in Hyunjoong's fridge were some eggs, leftovers and some orange juice. It was a good thing she found some rice and ramen in one of the storage cabinets. Buy groceries, she made a mental note.

When she was finished cooking her simple breakfast, she decided to wake the boys up. It shocked Hwangbo to find Hyunjoong already awake at that hour horsing around with Munhee.

“Omma!!” Munhee shouted with glee. “Good Morning!!”

He was now a happy child.

“Good Morning!”she smiled right back at the boy after peeling her eyes away from the smiling Hyunjoong.

“I made some breakfast. Let's eat?”, Hwangbo motioned for the two to join her in the kitchen.

Hyunjoong could not help but smile at the breakfast table. There was ramen, egg rolls and some sausages. It may not be ambrosia, but it did feel good to have someone take care of him like that.
~~
The smell of Chinese food filled the entire apartment when Hyunjoong opened the door. It was already 7:45PM when he came home. He had been rushing the rest of SS501 to memorize the dance steps so that he can leave early. He wanted to be home for dinner.

“Ow...” was all Hwangbo could say when she saw Hyunjoong coming inside the main door. “I thought you had practice”

“We finished early”, he said his chest heaving from all the running he had to do and climbing of the stairs.

“I ordered Chinese, is that alright?”, she asked him when they were all settled on the dinner table.

“I bought Chinese, too.”, he smiled shyly knowing there was not any food to cook in his fridge. “Lunch?”, he mumbled.

“Hmm, what about it?”, Hwangbo asked

“What did you have for Lunch?”, he said after shoving a dumpling into his mouth.

“Fried Chicken”, Munhee answered for Hwangbo

“Hmmm?” Hyunjoong was confused as to where Hwangbo got the chicken from.

“Haneul. She sent us some lunch just when we were about to go out.” she explained.

Hyunjoong nodded ashamed that his friend remembered to send his family some food, but not him. He would thank Haneul later.

“Appa, Omma and me cleaned the house today. I helped you, didn't I, Omma?” Munhee announced proudly.

“Yes, you did”, she smiled at the child. “I hope you don't mind, I didn't really move anything in your room though”

“It's okay”, he answered. “But you did not have to do it.”

Hyunjoong started to worry that all the cleaning drained Hwangbo out.

“We enjoyed it. We really did!”, she answered in a cheerful voice, a glint of happiness in her eyes.

He let out a sigh of relief when he saw her smile.
~~
It took forever for Munhee to eat. The child had a big appetite.

“Omo, I think I overworked my little man here” Hwangbo laughed as Munhee picked up another dumpling from the platter.

“I'm still hungry Omma!”, the boy said with his mouth still full.

His Omma and Appa burst out laughing at how cute he was.

“Here, here. Eat up!” Hyunjoong said affectionately adding another piece of meat into his plate.

Both of them watched as Munhee ate. Hwangbo stood up and gathered the empty plates on the table when Munhee took a sip of his juice and announced that he was full.

“Okay. You guys play while I wash the dishes”, she continued to gather the glasses.

“No, I'll do it”, Hyunjoong butted in, but Hwangbo would not let go of the empty glasses.

“It's alright”, she smiled, “I am the wife after all”, then winked at him.

Hyunjoong watched as she headed back to the kitchen. She was always natural and good at everything she did. And somehow, she was a natural at motherhood and a rather good wife. His heart thumped as her wink flashed inside his head. He was happy and he was starting to rekindle those feelings he had for her again.

'It's all Jaejoong's fault', he muttered under his breath. He let his eyes wander to where Munhee sat then to the kitchen sink where Hwangbo was washing the dishes, he then smiled wryly thinking maybe his friend's suggestion was not so bad after all.

No comments: