XOXO

Photobucket

It started out as a dare. My sister, her bff and I were on a group chat one day, and we were talking about how dependent I was and how I would not survive in a non-English speaking country. So I said, try me. They gave me a list of countries including Germany, Venezuela, Russia, Brazil, and threw in some African countries. I started complaining because I only had a limited budget, so my sister came up with Seoul, South Korea thinking, Ginnie, her bff, was still working in Busan, so there's no way I can ask help from her. But Ginnie PMed me, telling me not to worry 'coz she'll take care of me if the dare pushes through 'coz she now works in Seoul.

So there I was 25 days later, en route to Seoul with two backpacks and no English-Korean dictionary in hand. I only know two Korean phrases then--Annyeonghaseyo and Saranghamnida. I had no interest in the culture and only watch dubbed Korean movies and dramas if I had no other choice.

Ginnie picked me up at the airport just in time. I already felt nauseas because I was starting to panic thinking I was lost. She laughed so hard when she saw my cold nervous sweat. She took me to her workplace first. She's a set/stage designer and works for a prominent TV station in Korea. For now, she was assigned to a new TV program. I felt giddy and excited. I mean, who wouldn't?! I was pretty sure I'd be seeing stars I only see in Korean soaps and films. I asked her if I would see Lee Dong Wok, but she said he was serving the military. So, I asked if I would see Jun Pyo, she said not likely as the show deals with idol groups and the hosts were artists who were once part of idol groups. But she added in something that got me confused, she said, I might see someone from F4 there. I tried bugging her for details, but she just smiled at me and said, 'When you see him and if the 'sneaky bastard' decides to go there, you'll know..'

The curiosity faded away and was forgotten quickly as I saw the lovely people. I knew 'new girl group' because my Korean addict friend showed me a video clip of them, and my sister was completely head over heels in love with 'baby', so yeah, I knew him and his infamous group which was either on hiatus or has completely disbanded.

I was really in awe and thrilled to meet 'gorgeous unnie'. Like what I overheard from Ginnie and my sister as they talked about Korean celebs Ginnie met at work, 'gorgeous unnie' was very friendly and so non-diva like. She always had the least of things on her rider and she was always courteous to the staff even when she was so tired. She shook my hand firmly, which for me was a sign of the kind of person she was. Seeing her backstage made me realize why my sister was such a fangirl.

They soon started filming, but I got bored since I did not understand a thing they said, I excused myself and told Ginnie that I was gonna wait for her in the make-up room where we left my bags.

I settled on the couch, wrapped myself with a comforter and immediately, I felt drowsy. I was walking in Lalaland when I heard the squeaking of the door. Somebody entered the room. With eyes half closed, I can only tell that the person who came in was a man. He was tall and slim. I can't really tell if he's muscular but he had a good structure. He only wore a white shirt and tattered jeans. He had a black cap on, so I couldn't see his face. I was curious, but I was way too tired and sleepy.

I woke up to the squeaking of the door again. I really thought Korean guy in white shirt was about to leave, but then 'gorgeous unnie' came in. I don't think she noticed that I was there as I was bundled up in a comforter.

She walked slowly as if she was looking for something. She smiled widely when she saw the guy. 'She was looking for him? Is this 'sneaky bastard' Ginnie was referring to?, I asked myself. I saw the guy reach out his hand and when 'gorgeous unnie' held out her hand, he gently pulled her towards him and held her in a tight embrace. If I was right, the hug lasted for about 5 minutes.

I then concluded that he was really 'sneaky bastard'.

'Sneaky bastard' towered over 'gorgeous unnie'. They looked like the perfect couple. He kissed the top of her head before 'gorgeous unnie' broke free from his embrace. She took his cap off, so his face became visible from where I lay. He was really familiar, and for a good three minutes, I couldn't figure out his name for the life of me.

If only I understood what they were saying. He gently pushed a lock of stray hair away from her face then bent over to kiss her on the cheek then her full lips. I thought I melted when he did that. It was very sweet of him.

Then it dawned upon me who this guy was, he was the infamous 'statue actor' (please forgive me I'm not a fan). He wasn't stiff and statue-like when I saw him in that hit drama. Everything was so natural, and he looked pretty darn happy with her. I think he's smitten!!

After one more hug, 'gorgeous unnie' left, then sneaky bastard left. I was pretty much in awe. Obviously, they were in love, sorry, very much in love.

I told Ginnie what I saw on our drive home. Of course, I had to keep mum while I was there. She just laughed at me and said, if my sister saw that, she would've flipped with purple happiness. I told her, I didn't understand.

That night Ginnie and I watched a 'show'. Everything became clear how 'sneaky bastard' and 'gorgeous unnie' started. Ginnie said, their relationship was kept a secret, everybody acted like they saw nothing out of respect for 'gorgeous unnie'. Besides, there are those fans who think they own 'sneaky bastard' or those who think their idol is their boyfriend. I think everyone saw how much she suffered during their reality show, that's why her friends in the industry were very protective of her.

Ginnie said 'sneaky bastard', too was very protective. He used to keep it a secret, but there was a rumor that he didn't want to live like that. It was said that he almost quit show business just to be with her, but 'gorgeous unnie' said she was fine and she shouldn't be a hindrance to him doing what he loved to do.

What a beautiful love story these two have. I am mighty proud of them.

I wish I could give you guys more details or the names, but I too want to protect her, she deserves to love as she chooses and deserves only the best which I think is 'sneaky bastard'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: THIS IS A FAKE FAN ACCOUNT!!

Okay, I was whining to a friend about how I have never written a fan account and how badly I wanted to write one!! So, like the brilliant awesome friend she is, she suggested that I make up one.

The dare thing was real though, my friend dared me to go on vacay alone in a non-English speaking country, but due to the budget limit, we decided to cancel it.

So, I hope you guys enjoyed it. It was really like POOF!, there came the idea, so I had to hurry and write it all!!

Leave comments please!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. way gamit nga nag alias ka amaw!! naa ra japun joongbo sa labels!! bwahhahahahahah

Anonymous said...

Darn. What I wouldn't give, what price I wouldn't pay just to turn that fan account into reality~!????!!!!!

OMGAAAAAAAWWWWDDDDD!! THAT COUPLE!!TELL THEM TO MARRY ALREADY AND STOP TORTURING MY SHIPPING HEART!

BEBE ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG! You totally had me going! I almost skipped to the bottom to see if it was a fic or not! I sooo wish this was real!!!

Moc

Anonymous said...

I'm loving "Sneaky Bastard" even more. Don't care what you say 'bout it being reel or not, xDDD
You made my day, right to my purpleness, lol.

Anonymous said...

i was half way reading when i decided to skip some part and read the bottom to check if this is a fanfic.. then i re-read everything... I love it!!! I just hope this is real..

purple-chagi

Ryuuki said...

if only this would turn out to be true...........sigh..................

Anonymous said...

u got me there. I thought it was real sigh.... should have post it on April Fool day LOL

piggy2

GaGa said...

Ahhhhh Bruhilda,
You got me!! I almost thought this is a REAL fan account!!!

Aish, you should let me know before you release this, we should set this up for woohing Joongbers!!

I in fact really travelled alone to Seoul on October, in awe hoping to see Hye Jung. And I also really dying to write one Fan Account myself.

If in fact I pretend to write this fan account up, we might set up all Joongboers in the lala land!!

Wahahaha..... I do believe there is someone out there really see such scene......

GaGa