An Almost Fairytale

It’s been awfully (almost creepily) quiet here, ei?? And it’s been a long time since I actually posted a fanfic (which btw, is supposedly the sole and only purpose of this blog, but it didn’t end up that way)..

So, I do not know if it’s any good. I haven’t written in so long, it feels like I don’t know how to anymore (not like I’m good at this..LOL). And this isn’t supposed to be Joongbo, because I honestly don’t know if it works for them, but I owe several people(Athena5914, Cookietook, LvK2010, etc.) a not so sad Joongbo fic.

Also, this fic is quite confusing—I wanted it to have a Greek Mythology theme, but I failed and got lost along the way, so I kept switching until I ended up with this.. Hur hur hur..

I’d appreciate it, if you guys leave comments.. *puppy dog eyes…*

Photobucket
~*~
As soon as her feet touched the earth’s brown soil and regained her composure after hours and hours of being airborne, Estella immediately hid her wings, making it invisible to human eyes.

She adjusted her pearl white tunic and dusted off her golden sandals. She started making her way out of the clearing and went through the thick virgin forest.

As soon as she stepped inside the boundaries of her father’s vast kingdom, a child’s voice caught her attention. He was a page in her father’s palace and was close enough to being her sibling.

He was out of breath and sputtering gibberish when he finally found her.

“Breathe first, lad.”, she told him, but he was in a hurry.

“You’re father, the king is fuming mad. He has been looking everywhere for you, Princess..”, he managed to say clearly.

Estella was alarmed. She promised her father that she was not going anywhere today. There have been threats to overpower the old king, especially since other rulers of nearby kingdoms are threatened by the knowledge that Estella’s father is a Demi God and has powers beyond compare. And, their kingdom was peace loving, all the more reason to hate them since they are obviously favored by the Gods for this reason.

“ESTELLA!!!”, her father’s voice boomed through the hallways and corridors as soon as she stepped into the courtyard.

“Good morning, Appa…”, she sweetly whispered.

“Good morning??”, he furiously asked. “I told you not to wander around in the forest, much less fly over to other lands.. Are you trying to give me a heart attack?”

Estella casually stepped to her father’s side, “Appa, didn’t you teach me to always be kind and generous and selfless? The nomads needed my help. One of the Elder’s daughter gave birth, so I flew over and helped them..”

The King sat in his thrown still as red as a ripe tomato.

“Besides Appa, you taught me to fight well. Our enemies would not stand a chance. With my skill, sometimes, I wonder why I’m not the one leading your army instead of Oppa..”, she added with a smirk and a trace of arrogance on her face.

“Hejin-ah!!!”, he called his wife’s, the Queen’s, name.

“GIVE ME THE LIST OF SUITORS!! I NEED TO HAVE THIS DAUGHTER OF YOURS MARRIED BEFORE AUTUMN AND BEFORE SHE THINKS OF DOING SOMETHING STUPID…”, he shouted.

“Appa..”, Estella tried to protest, but it was too late, her father already made up his mind.

Estella had been sulking in one of the corners of her room, holding a battle axe firmly. She cried her eyes out over her father’s announcement.

She knew those were not empty threats. She knew his mind was set in marrying her off.

“Estella…”, a gentler male voice called out.

As soon as he elder brother sat beside her, she started tearing up again and released the axe that she’ll fervently miss once she is married.

“Stop crying. It’ll be alright..”, he tried to coax her.

“Maybe it’s not so bad afterall..”, he said, “Your suitors, from what I’ve heard, are quite fine and have impressive backgrounds.”

Estella shook her head, “Shiroh!!”

“Well, I like Junjin for you, my princess. He’s your best friend, right? I heard from Omma that he’s one of the many in the list.”

Estella stayed quiet, still sobbing.

“Or Brian, from the next kingdom, he’s quite romantic and handsome, too.”

“Or Dongwan, the actor and the playwright”

“There’s also that young courageous Prince, Yunho..”

“Or the balladeer, Kyungrok..”

“And, the rich and famous, Bi..”

“Or Marco, the great warrior..”

“And there’s Hyunjoong, he has quite a four dimensional personality, maybe you’d match him well..”

Estella started sobbing again, the tears seemed to flow unendlessly as her elder brother took her in his arms.

“There, there..”, he stroked her long black silky hair, trying to pacify her.

She shut her eyes and tightened her embrace around her brother. Her father’s voice echoing in her ears.

“Oppa, I want to marry the man I love..”, she said between sobs.

“I want to marry the one I love..”, she said again.

This time her breathing was shallow and beads of sweat trickled down her forehead.

“To marry the one I love..”, her own voice echoed inside her brain. “Marry the one I love…”

Suddenly, a voice called her name.. Her real name..

“Hyejung-ah…”

She flickered her eyes open and stared at the handsome face beside her.

“I think you’re having a bad dream, Buin..”, he said.

Her heart calmed down. She was indeed having a bad dream.

She stared at the handsome face once more, then at his hand where a golden band gleamed under the moonlight.

It was a dream, a bad dream because she was in fact happily married to the man she loves and loves her in return.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

im the first! i love her dream! its like Zeus and Athena! kaya nga fav kita eh! hahahahahaa!

indeed, she married the man she truly loves! thats we always wish for her! ofcourse im so bias! i want shillang for her!

i miss you so much bru!


athena

Anonymous said...

lol, I really liked this ff, and I can only imagine who, hahaha....

frmshagra said...

woohooo! a fic! a fic! am so glad you're back to writing stories....missed this...thanks

Anonymous said...

Yes ate bru your back!!
It's like a greek mythology + disney's fairytale .. :P
Thanks ate bru

PS.(not related)
I miss the old, spunky hwangbo. imma gona watch some xman eps tonight :)

Az

Anonymous said...

ahihihihihihihi

a fairytale indeed!

all of buin's boytoys are here....woot woot

you know i always love your ffs ate...nuff said....

talk to you whenever!

hugs!
me...your evil little sister..scratch that...
me...your clueless little sister. ^^

Anonymous said...

i love it.. she's so lucky having all the cute princes around her..but the best part is when she woke up she's already beside her prince chraming...

emma_lloyd

CookieTook said...

Bruha..... Kowawoyo...(90 blow) haha.... I'm really like your fic and It's so cute too....

Haha... I thought shillang had jealousy even if dream of his wife....

I'll waiting for the new fic too....